Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cedar Point memories

Heading to Cedar Point tomorrow with Anna. Been there twice before with her, can't wait.
I have been looking for pics of the park from when I was a kid, and thanks to the internets I found some great images. Remember these?
Remember burning your legs on this one? And the smell of the bags.

Ah Frontier Lift, the stoner's paradise.

I loved every single minute of this ride.

This was the best, they really need to recreate this ride. I have never been on a water ride that is as good.

JUMBO JET! Headed towards Lake Erie. Sad. Great ride.

LOL, so many memories I can't share on here. Great ride.

Sadly, it's gone.

Shannon Sweet and I were scared to death of this ride when it opened. They need to put one of the cars on backwards to make this fun again.

4 comments:

  1. they've got this awesome water park right next door called Soak City and man is that place fun. great water slides and stuff for little kids too. my family went back in '07 and had tickets for both cedar point and the water park. the rides at cedar point were great but when we went they weren't all up and running. it'd be nice to go back. i hope you guys have a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even the Demon Drop is gone? Wow. It's been a while since I've been to the Point I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what memories !
    I remember the Earthquake ride too - what a blast from the past !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I forgot about the Earth Quake ride! I remember the upside down fun house that was next to the giant slide. It had an animatronic lady in a rocking chair, upside down on the ceiling and a chandelier rising up from the floor! When I was very little, the giant slide seemed so huge! Sadly, I haven't been to Cedar Point in 20 years. There was a time, when I was growing up in Jackson, that we would make the pilgrimage three times a summer. Glory days!

    ReplyDelete