Monday, September 26, 2011

Tell me what you want, what you really, really, want.

The book in question.
To quote Adam Lambert… “what do you want from me?”
I just read an article on my favorite nerd site Boing Boing about how to have a successful blog. The author of a recent book suggested to bloggers that they produce at least 1000 words a day.
Want to be a successful blogger? Every new endeavor requires a period of ascetic dedication. You must write a minimum of 1,000 words a day.
That’s about two pages of text (roughly) for your blog to make it relevant and to make it worthy or repeated visits. This can be in multiple or single posts. I was usually good for about one good, lengthy post a week for a while, but then September came and smacked me on the ass and suddenly I was busy with other things. I know that many of you do not regularly read the countless LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered) blogs that I read each day. There are many articles, links that come up that are germane to parenting and to adoption.
Would you want to read articles like that?
Or are you content to have the articles written by me for the posts?
I am committed to making this blog one of the finest for parenting, but I need your input. Let me know what you would like to see and I will do my best each day (children permitting) to make this the greatest blog ever. You can leave comments here, or you can email comments to me at taoakley@gmail.com.
Link to the article here:

2 comments:

  1. I do want to read more about LGBT parenting and related issues. I was reading a disturbing but informative article awhile back about LGBT youth in the DC foster care system. Obviously, as bad as the foster care system can be, LGBT youth faces many additional hurdles. (I mean, Michelle Bachman is a foster care mother for god's sakes.) Anyway, it was very interesting, and it was a rare find for me because most of the blogs and articles I read are not about LGBT parenting, adoption, or foster care. (But I'm not a parent, nor am I planning on becoming one.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going about this all wrong. You must write what you want to write, not what you think others want to see. And seriously, 'successful blogging' is defined by what? # of readers, comments? I hope you always write from the heart, what you want, and be happy if anyone reads it.

    ReplyDelete