There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

FML: Jackson style

Good lord almighty. People wonder why I make such a big stink about how tough it is to be Gay in this suckfest of a town, and sometimes I had to remind myself that Jackson isn't that bad to maintain my sanity. However, today word came out in the paper that the city and county are going to share a new HR Director and my heart sank. A woman from Toledo who was fired by the University of Toledo (my alma mater) for her bigoted anti-Gay remarks in a local newspaper. UT did the right thing, but now she is here in Jackson to unleash her own special brand of crazy on our town.

FML

I read this in the story and had to laugh:

Interim county Administrator Adam Brown said Dixon’s level of experience and professionalism put her “head and shoulders” above other candidates.

Professional?
Read this: as a Black woman who happens to be an alumnus of the University of Toledo’s Graduate School, an employee and business owner, I take great umbrage at the notion that those choosing the homosexual lifestyle are "civil rights victims." Here’s why. I cannot wake up tomorrow and not be a Black woman. I am genetically and biologically a Black woman and very pleased to be so as my Creator intended.

Bitch, I didn’t choose to be Gay just like you didn’t choose to be Black. It bothers me that this woman will be in a position of power in the city, a position where she may come in contact with LGBT employees and their needs. I wonder how fair she will be when working with them if she feels deep down in her heart that they can change. What about non-Christians? Will she treat them the same way? After all, Christianity is a choice as well. No one is born Christian.

I will be keeping a close eye on this as the story unfolds.

The story from our paper:

http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2011/03/jackson_county_city_hire_joint.html

Her letter to the Toledo paper that got her fired from U T:

http://www.toledofreepress.com/2008/04/18/gay-rights-and-wrongs-another-perspective/