Friday, September 24, 2010

Fatherhood Friday: Randomness

"Shout!" a new pic on display here in Jackson!
Today seems to be a day for randomness, so here goes:


1. A week after my dental implant surgery, I am slowly moving to more solid food.

2. Speaking of, I now have the bones of three cadavers in my mouth. HOT.

3. The new tooth will not go in until June. Can’t wait.

4. Vicodin is a bitch. The Versed they gave me made it almost impossible to function on Friday. It took me over an hour to make a grocery list. The feeling you get around the spring time change when you lose an hour is the feeling I have been battling all week. Ugh.

5. Great day, albeit long, at the college today. My students were busy at work so I was able to glaze 8 pieces and create 12 on the wheel. WOOT.

6. Speaking of, I have nothing to complain about at all this semester. My classes are wonderful. I am blessed.

7. Tod’s parents are here, as we are heading west to Campit on Friday, can’t wait. It’s Bears in the Woods. You do the math.

8. No, we’re not tenting; we’re borrowing a pop up camper from one of Tod’s coworkers. So much easier. Not as butch for sure, but hey.

9. Yukon will join us. He’s the bear magnet when we go. “My St. Bernard brings all the Bears to the yard, and they’re like, it’s better than yours…”

10. Anna fell asleep on the bus ride home and was more than an hour late coming home. Thankfully, I was at work and wasn’t dialing 911 to find out where she was. Oy.

11. Eli is a punk. We dodged the bullet with Anna and the terrible twos. He is paying us back big time.

12. My show, The Dangerous Lives of Children, is now here in Jackson. We’ll see how many folks actually come to see it now that it is in town.

13. The show, The Politics of Fear, which features a picture of our wedding, is waiting to be reviewed by the Ann Arbor News and the Ann Arbor Observer, both big names in critical art review. I am eager to hear what they say about the show and about my piece in particular. In looking at the curatorial statement for the show, I think my piece is one that fits the bill to the tee.

14. And, I will have a piece, although not my first choice of work, in the next show, “What’s so funny.” My original idea was to do a piece related to the very sick joke: What’s funnier than a dead baby… a dead clown!!! I wanted to make a clown hanging from a noose with a tipped chair and nothing else. The curators felt that the noose was too powerful of an image and asked me to reconsider. I did.

15. I am reading “The Lonely Polygamist” by Brady Udall and I can’t wait to pick it up each night. It’s a great read. Really.

16. Our new kitty, Edwin, is growing by leaps and bounds. I think he’s going to be a monster. His striping is amazing.

17. We’re coming up on the year anniversary of Lola’s death. I miss her.

18. I am the Humanities Scholar for our county’s Prime Time Family Reading Program. It’s what took us to NOLA this summer for training. The trial event is this Tuesday, eager to see how it goes with our test audience.

19. The maples are changing color, I love it.

20. That’s it. What’s going on in your neck of the woods?

3 comments:

  1. Eli and Elliott are going through the same thing. Within a day of turning 2, he turned into this monster of a child. God be with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Peanut has started pre-school and is doing well.

    I've started school and I don't know how I'm doing yet.

    That picture on top is awesome.

    Is it supposed to remind me of the Scream?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, not much, I am pushing Vicodin to punks.
    Can I borrow Yukon?

    ReplyDelete