Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Detroit ART City, The Heidelberg Project




I mentioned this on Facebook a few weeks ago, and forgot to follow up. I was quite honored to be selected to present at a symposium with the creator of the Heidelberg Project in Detroit, MI. Tyree Guyton. Mr. Guyton was the keynote, and another artist/educator and I were also on the docket. Needless to say, this was a pretty big boost to my resume and will look great in my future portfolios. Tyree was an engaging and animated speaker; it was a tough act to follow. He is also VERY handsome by the way.

Some of you have made comments and wondered what my job was like. For the most part, my job is wonderful. I get to do some crazy fun stuff under the name of work. So without further ado, here is the pic of me in action.

A note about the tie: It was my Dad’s, he wore it with pride in the seventies. It’s funky and colorful, just like the Heidelberg Project, which by the way, Miss Anna and a friend are going to go and check out in person tomorrow.
For more info on the art, check out its site: http://www.heidelberg.org/

1 comment: