|The unintended benefit of adding sod: the need to water daily. Instant Waterpark.|
We are back, but only for a bit dear readers. The past week has had us busy with a lot of stuff both in and outside the house.
1. Anna went to Day Camp at the local YMCA. She loved it and came home excited and exhausted each night. We have her signed up for two more sessions this summer, she can’t wait.
2. The backyard is done. Thanks to Tod and his Dad we now have a rockin’ play structure and grass. Yes, grass. We ended up sodding it as we took out a tree and we now actually have sunlight back there. It’s nice and not as dusty/dirty as it used to be. The kids love it.
3. Our garden is coming along. Something is having midnight snacks on the cruciferous veggies; I may post Edwin out there to see what’s eating that stuff.
4. We are also redoing some of rooms upstairs. Anna’s room got a fresh coat of paint, and her big girl/tweener bed is on its way. Eli will inherit the bunk bed and we’ll have one less baby thing in the house as we retire the crib. We are also updating our room, taking the hue down to a warmer tone and updating the décor. We’ve been stuck in this Up North mode for a bit, it’s time to move on.
5. The summer session at JCC is rolling along. I held fast to my “just say no” daily reminder and kept the numbers at the right level and it has been nice. Our building is going to be redone sometime in 2012, so I may have to vacate and take my show on the road. I am working on finding a place to do this, and it has taken up much of my time and thoughts this semester. Time will tell.
6. On a similar note, I am throwing pots like crazy, and I love the results.
7. And, our annual trek to Saugatuck for Rainbow Families Great Lakes Family Week is a few days away. Can’t wait. This will be our 6th year attending and taking part in the program, we are very excited. We will be sharing the house this year with two other families, and at this time the adults outnumber the children by only one. It’s going to be noisy, messy, and fun.
We’ll catch up with pics and updates after we return. If you are friends with me on Facebook, you can see the updates there.
See you soon.