Sunday, March 14, 2010

Last house on the right

I don’t know whether to be happy or sad about this…


One of Anna’s buds, a very creative and talented six year old told me today that he thought our house was spooky. This is a young boy who loves science fiction and all things weird and crazy. Mind you, he thought that the human skull I have in our library was pretty cool, but was more interested in one of Eli’s toys that was on the shelf next to it.

I am torn between being thrilled and being worried that indeed our house may be too scary for little kids.

3 comments:

  1. Well, cobwebs near Easter may be a little disconcerting... I kid! This is an October photo, right? ; ) Was he saying it with admiration or with fear?Yeah -my youngest loves all things weird and Tim Burton-y. But it's also interesting what kids can get spooked by - my nephew (who's now an adult) used to be FREAKED by 2 carved Haitian busts. Really lovely pieces. Whenever he was visiting my parents, at some point in his visit he would discreetly turn their heads to face the wall. It took Mom a while to figure out who was always turning her carvings around : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully it's not a smear campaign! Your blog is one of the funniest "gay daddy" blogs I have seen so far! I am laughing out loud....

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Antonio, thank you for the kind words.
    I am glad you like it.
    @ Kim, yes, that is a picture of the house from October.

    ReplyDelete