Tuesday, March 29, 2011

FML: Jackson style

Good lord almighty. People wonder why I make such a big stink about how tough it is to be Gay in this suckfest of a town, and sometimes I had to remind myself that Jackson isn't that bad to maintain my sanity. However, today word came out in the paper that the city and county are going to share a new HR Director and my heart sank. A woman from Toledo who was fired by the University of Toledo (my alma mater) for her bigoted anti-Gay remarks in a local newspaper. UT did the right thing, but now she is here in Jackson to unleash her own special brand of crazy on our town.

FML

I read this in the story and had to laugh:

Interim county Administrator Adam Brown said Dixon’s level of experience and professionalism put her “head and shoulders” above other candidates.

Professional?
Read this: as a Black woman who happens to be an alumnus of the University of Toledo’s Graduate School, an employee and business owner, I take great umbrage at the notion that those choosing the homosexual lifestyle are "civil rights victims." Here’s why. I cannot wake up tomorrow and not be a Black woman. I am genetically and biologically a Black woman and very pleased to be so as my Creator intended.

Bitch, I didn’t choose to be Gay just like you didn’t choose to be Black. It bothers me that this woman will be in a position of power in the city, a position where she may come in contact with LGBT employees and their needs. I wonder how fair she will be when working with them if she feels deep down in her heart that they can change. What about non-Christians? Will she treat them the same way? After all, Christianity is a choice as well. No one is born Christian.

I will be keeping a close eye on this as the story unfolds.

The story from our paper:

http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2011/03/jackson_county_city_hire_joint.html

Her letter to the Toledo paper that got her fired from U T:

http://www.toledofreepress.com/2008/04/18/gay-rights-and-wrongs-another-perspective/

8 comments:

  1. When told that being gay is a choice, I always ask straight people when they chose to be straight. Did they wake up one morning and say to themselves, "Oh gee, I think I'll decide to be heterosexual, a victim of bad fashion choices and bad hair, and heteropatriarchal normative values.

    And not to put too fine a point on it, I have a life, not a "lifestyle".

    ReplyDelete
  2. MOVE TO COLUMBUS!! I am so proud of our city and surrounding areas. This story is disappointing for me to read, I can't imagine how pissed you are.

    I am totally being serious about moving here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, last link...
    This is where I would want you to live. lol Awesome place!
    http://www.shortnorth.org/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Just wow. Toledo gets rid of her, and you get her. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. STAY IN JACKSON!!! Stay. Stay. Stay. It is when you live among people who do not think like you that you can make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather, you have the right idea! I am just being selfish in wanting them here. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blasted town takes and uplifts all the idiots...i've got a family member who works for the city and sees daily just how many idiots are allowed to make important decisions. maybe Dixon won't hold the position very long...let's hope.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Aquilus D, thanks for your good words, I am glad you are following me here!

    ReplyDelete